Ten airports managed by PT Angkasa Pura 1 (Persero) / Angkasa Pura Airports obtained Airport Customer Experience Accreditation Program accreditation from Airports Council International (ACI) based in Montreal, Canada.
The ten Angkasa Pura 1 airports that have received accreditation are:
1. I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport – Bali
2. Juanda Airport – Surabaya
3. Sultan Hasanuddin Airport – Makassar
4. SAMS Sepinggan Airport – Balikpapan
5. Jenderal Ahmad Yani Airport – Semarang
6. Sam Ratulangi Airport – Manado
7. El Tari Airport – Kupang
8. Pattimura Airport – Ambon
9. Adi Soemarmo Airport – Solo
10. Lombok International Airport – Praya
"We are proud to be the first airport operator to obtain this accreditation in Asia-Pacific," said Faik Fahmi, Angkasa Pura Airports President Director on Friday (19/9).
The accreditation obtained since August 2020 shows Angkasa Pura Airports' commitment to boost the level of services and customer experience. “And most importantly to strengthen the service at the airport that we manage is equal to that of other world-class airports,” he added.
Faik revealed, Angkasa Pura 1 also won 9 awards for Airport Service Quality Awards (ASQ) Awards from ACI. These nine awards were given to three airports managed by Angkasa Pura Airports are:
• SAMS Sepinggan Airport in Balikpapan (4 awards) which was named Best Airport by Size in Asia Pacific, Best Environment & Ambience by Size, Best Customer Service and Best Infrastructure & Facilitation for the category of 5-15 million passengers per year.
• I Gusti Ngurah Rai Bali Airport (3 awards) which was named Best Airport by Size in Asia Pacific, Best Customer Service and Best Infrastructure & Facilitation for the category 15-25 passengers per year.
• Sultan Hasanuddin Makassar Airport (2 awards) Best Airport by Size and Best Infrastructure & Facilitation for the category of 5-15 million passengers per year.
"These awards were announced by ACI last March and only today we receive them directly. We are very grateful to receive this award which is a symbol of appreciation and recognition from the international community for the continued improvement in service performance at the 3 airports that we manage," Faik said.
ASQ is the only global benchmarking program that measures the level of passenger satisfaction at airports by ACI.
This year's ASQ Awards were awarded to 84 airports with 140 awards. The number of winners this time is the highest during the ASQ Awards.
Faik revealed, Sentani Airport Jayapura which is operated by Angkasa Pura Airports starting this year will be encouraged to become the first ASQ participant from Papua.
Angkasa Pura Airports' readiness in the award event will be increasingly ready with the completion of terminal expansion and the addition of several airport facilities, such as Terminal 1 Juanda Airport Surabaya, Eltari Kupang Airport, Lombok Praya Lombok Airport, Sultan Hasanuddin Makassar Airport, Manado Sam Ratulangi Airport, and Airport. Pattimura Ambon. (hlz/hlz)